Mid Century Market Shopping

17:20

Today I went to Bethan's (Bettina Scarlett's) mid-century market at the Hammersmith Club with my friend and burlesque dancer Isabelle L'Amour.
 
 
You can catch the next market on the 16th August 10:30am - 4pm also at the Hammersmith club!
 
 The stalls were really awesome and I bought a few things from You're naked without one and Bow & Crossbones which I might do a haul on. I saw a great original 1950's lurex two piece suit from a vintage stall which I nearly bought but I had to stop myself because I've already purchased too many clothes this month, and I'm about to move house, so got to look after those pennies (and pack everything).
 
This was my outfit today, taken when I came home so the lighting is a bit off I'm afraid there wasn't much time to do it this morning.
 
 
 
 
 
My top is from vintage reproduction brand Freddies of Pinewood
 
My trousers are actually Primark (blushes), they are more or less a copy of the Topshop Joni jeans and have so much stretch. They hold me in the right places and are a great high waisted everyday jean, for half the price of Topshop! I love a good bargain.
 
My shoes are a copy of a 50's sandal. You can find them at Rocket Originals.
 
My jacket and bag are both vintage, both found in charity shops! I believe the jacket to be late 50's or early 60's as the buttons are very atomic styled, of the era, there are no labels and most of the interior looks hand-stitched. It looks to be a one off. I am not sure how old the bag is, it's a typical granny-style bag and I wear it to death!
 
My earrings are Topshop a few months back so not sure if they are still around!
 
Hope you are all well!
 
Sarah
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter