Shades of Cool

20:55

 
I'm listening to Lana Del Rey's new album, 'Ultraviolence', as I write this post.
 
Some of the best and most powerful feelings I have ever had seem amplified by her dreamy, softly sung lyrics and are complimented with moving image shot on old, grainy film.
 
Suddenly I feel like I'm trapped in a Lana Del Rey video, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.
 
Moments in my life that I cherish as being wild, unhealthy and FUN are suddenly vivid and I connect with again whilst listening to her words. Even though some of these moments I'm remembering through her music have been incredibly painful for me and emotionally unhealthy at times with feelings of lust confused with love, I'll look back and cherish those crazy memories at the start of many blossoming romances.
 
Unlike Lana, my preference isn't the older man, or the bikers in LA.. but usually a fetish for guys who drive vintage motors that I can hang out the windows of in the English summer, blasting 70's tunes, smoking and laughing. 
I usually, not always, end up with the bad boy in the crowd who does things a little differently, and sees things in a bohemian way. I am so attracted to the black sheep, as such.
 
However, It's not always been the bohemian style of man that catches my attention.
More often than not, it's the alpha male, who I usually don't have much in common with in the long run.
 
Being with that crazy, eccentric type of person for just one afternoon gives me the same sense of euphoria I get in the middle of a club when the music enthrals me and the alcohol runs through my veins.
 
I like grimy, beat-up, smoky pubs with sticky beer floors and heavy music the best.
 
I live for feeling the wind in my hair and absorbing the sweet smell of incense, or freshly cut grass.
 
If Lana Del Rey hasn't got a talent for bringing that out of me, then I don't know who has.
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter